Knight, the 49-year-old co-founder of Death Row Records, has pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.
Barnes filed a motion Thursday accusing Knight of being part of a scheme that has extorted more than $10 million from up-and-coming and established rappers in recent years.
Fletcher countered that prosecutors should file charges involving those extortion claims if they have enough evidence.
Fletcher also said phone records and other evidence in the murder case would show that Knight was lured to the location where the men were hit by the truck. Knight was attacked when he arrived and hit the two men while trying to flee the scene, the lawyer said.
Fletcher said Cle “Bone” Sloan acknowledged to sheriff’s investigators that he attacked Knight. The attorney argued his client wasn’t required to remain at the scene and endure the attack, and that Sloan should be charged.
“If his name wasn’t ‘Suge’ Knight, they wouldn’t have filed this case,” Fletcher said.
Knight was a key player in the gangster rap scene that flourished in the 1990s, his label once listing Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg among its artists. Knight lost control of the company after it was forced into bankruptcy.
Wow, seems like someone has said what I being feeling all alone. #Priceless #BestTweets
Univision fired Emmy-award winning Spanish-language television personality Rodner Figueroa after he said that First Lady Michelle Obama looked as if she were a member of the cast of the Hollywood film Planet of the Apes.
Figueroa, who’s known for being outspoken, made his remarks Wednesday during a live segment of the show El Gordo y la Flacain which the hosts were commenting on a viral video that shows a makeup artist transforming himself into different celebrities, including Michelle Obama.
“Well, watch out, you know that Michelle Obama looks like she’s from the cast of Planet of the Apes, the movie,” Figueroa, 42, said with a giggle.
When hostess Lili Estefan countered with “What are you saying?” and host Raul de Molina said Obama was very attractive, Figueroa defended his remark, saying “but it is true.”
In a statement Thursday morning, Univision called Figueroa’s comments “completely reprehensible.”
“Yesterday during our entertainment program El Gordo y La Flaca Rodner Figueroa made comments regarding First Lady Michelle Obama that were completely reprehensible and in no way reflect Univision’s values or views,” the statement said. “As a result, Mr. Figueroa was immediately terminated.”
Figueroa began at Univision as a producer for El Gordo y la Flaca and went on to join Estefan and co-host Raul de Molina. He also filled in when de Molina was on vacation. The show is popular with its Spanish-language audience and has been on the air for more than 16 years.
He also hosted the Sunday night show Sal y Pimienta, along with Lourdes Stephen, and had been involved in special programs, including Nuestra Belleza Latina.
Figueroa did not issue any direct comments about his firing. His bio already has been removed from its talent page.
Figueroa, who lives on Fisher Island in Miami, is an Emmy-award winning Spanish-language television personality. He’s also active in charities, attracting many Latino stars to different charitable causes. In October, he held a party for the founding of I Love Venezuela, “an organization that provides care and resources to multiple social projects for Venezuelans,” said a statement from the agency LatinWE at that time.
Univision is the largest Spanish-language network in the United States, reaching an estimated 94 million U.S. homes. Among all television networks, Univision ranks fifth in the United States.
What are your thoughts on the firing of Figueroa? Share with us in the comments below.
The Atlanta Journal Constitutionreports that the dispute started when Angie Stone, 53, entered her daughter’s room, and demanded that she clean it up and control her children, who were running around the singer’s home half naked.
“Ms. Diamond Stone then went on to state that Ms. Angie Stone started (getting) in her face, telling her she needed to leave because she is tired (of) her,” police said in the report. “Ms. Diamond Stone then stated her and Ms. Angie Stone started to argue, and that’s when a physical altercation started to occur.”
Angie Stone, 53, told police she did not know she hit her daughter with a metal stand.
Diamond Stone’s version of the story is different. According to the report, she walked away after Angie Stone struck her in the face with the metal stand and called police. Both women were taken to DeKalb County Police Department headquarters for questioning.
On Friday, US Weekly’s reported that Jenner was “taking steps to disclose what multiple sources describe as his wish to transition from male to female.” The magazine also stated that Jenner’s announcement will be for the cameras and would document his “full transformation.” TMZ also reported the same news. Variety confirmed the show is in very early development, with E! public relations planning to meet with GLAAD to discuss. E!, which airs “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” and its spin-offs on which Jenner stars with his family, declined to comment.
Put together, it all smacks of a brilliantly orchestrated Kardashian publicity stunt to drive viewers to their E! reality show. It would be nothing new for the family, which has become a multimillion-dollar empire over the last decade by keeping fans titillated by the intimate details of their lives.
Jenner’s story has been bubbling up ever since he split with Kris — his wife of 23 years and the mastermind behind the Kardashian’s rise to pop-culture dominance. Shortly after the couple separated in fall 2013, Jenner underwent a laryngeal shave procedure to smooth his Adam’s apple. In the following months, paparazzi photos started popping up to track his evolving appearance: Bright red nails on his birthday, hairless legs, poutier lips.
At first, Jenner explained he wanted the surgery because he didn’t like his trachea. Last fall, Kris went on the “Today” show and said speculation of sex reassignment surgery was “silly,” and that the rumors have surrounded Jenner since his days as an Olympic gold medalist star in the 1970s. “They just keep regurgitating the same old stuff,” she said.
Now, several months later Bruce Jenner is reportedly gearing up to discuss his “wish to transition from male to female,” with Us Weekly claiming the star has already “taped a major sitdown interview.”
As Gossip Cop has reported, there has been much speculation about Jenner’s appearance in the wake of his 2013 split from Kris Jenner.
We just the peanut gallery folks, we have to just sit back and wait patiently.
Things got off to a rocky start when she tried to bring estranged cast members together for a night of girl talk, sexy chatter and bonding. What could possibly go wrong?
“I know how to throw great parties. The food and decor were on point! Dr. Rachael and I had some great games that we had put together for the ladies,” Kandi wrote in her Bravo blog. “It was supposed to be a really fun time, but a couple of things went wrong.”
For starters, Kandi accused Nene Leakes of being a complete party pooper–especially after she would have been paired up with Cynthia Bailey. Then one of her other guests, a woman with teal hair named Gocha, dropped a major bomb on the festivities by announcing that she once dated Demetria McKinney‘s beau Roger Bobb. Call it the face crack of the season!
Immediately, people on social media pegged Kandi for being messy because she had to know about Gocha’a past romance with Roger–which, by the way, had taken place during his relationship with Demetria. However, Kandi stated that she never intended to orchestrate such an embarrassing moment for the “RHOA” newbie.
“For everyone that tweeted saying Kandi must have known she dated Roger Bobb, the answer is yes. Of course I knew, BUT I wasn’t trying to set Demetria up,” Kandi insisted.
According to Kandi it wasn’t even her idea to have Roger’s ex at the party, but her best friend Carmon added her to the guest list and sprung it on Kandi. Sensing the potential for trouble, the “RHOA” mogul told her bff what a terrible idea that was.
“Carmon told me right before the party started that she had also invited our friends Toby and Gocha,” Kandi recalled. “I said to her that I didn’t know if it was a good idea for Gocha to come because she used to date Roger and Demetria was coming.”
Supposedly, Carmon offered to dis-invite Gocha, but Kandi explained that she didn’t think it would be right to exclude one of her older friends Demetria, who she barely knew at the time.
As anyone who has seen last week’s episode knows, things quickly went downhill the moment Gocha told Demetria about her tryst with Roger Bobb.
Unfortunately, as soon as Demetria said she was dating Roger Bobb for 8 years that was the end of party. Nobody said their man’s name but Demetria,” Kandi wrote. “I was mad because I didn’t want the party to end that quickly. I had a whole bunch of new Bedroom Kandi products that I wanted to show the girls. But oh well…”
After this mess, Kandi has made a new resolution, stating, ” For now on I’ll try to just keep her and Gocha on separate guest list.”
In the final moments before entering federal prison, faced with the prospect of serving 15 months, Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice handled the situation as best she could.
Her last words to her attorney, James J. Leonard Jr., when he delivered the 42-year-old mother of four to the Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, Connecticut, at 3 a.m. Monday, were, “I’ll be fine,” Leonard tells PEOPLE.
“She said, ‘Tell Joe and the girls I’m good,’ ” he says.
Shortly after midnight, Leonard picked up Giudice at her $3.9 million mansion in Montville Township, New Jersey.
“She was upstairs when I got to the house,” he tells PEOPLE. “I’m assuming she was with her children. I tend not to ask people about things that are outside of my area.”
Teresa’s husband, Joe Giudice, 44, “was somber,” Leonard says. “The enormity of this entire situation hit him.”
Teresa Giudice - Image credit: Getty
After saying goodbye to Joe and her four daughters – Gia, 13, Gabriela, 10, Milania, 8, and Audriana, 5, – the reality star climbed into the back seat of Leonard’s black SUV and headed to the minimum security prison for women to serve her time after her March conviction for fraud.
Leonard says that during the 90-minute drive he tried to keep the conversation from getting heavy.
“If I have to drive with someone for one-and-a-half to two hours who is on their way to prison, I’m not trying to get them emotional,” he says. “I try to keep it light with jokes and talk about things that are light. So it was light from the time I saw her until the time I left her. She was great. She was very strong. She said, ‘I know I am going to get through this.’ She was very, very upbeat. She was like, ‘Hey. Let’s go. Let’s get this done.’ “
Avoiding the Media Circus
Giudice was supposed to appear at the prison by 10 a.m. on Monday. But, says Leonard, on New Year’s Eve, Giudice asked him if she could turn herself in before that. Officials agreed to let her surrender at 3 a.m. and let her use an alternate route in order to avoid the likely media attention outside the prison main entrance, he says.
“The reason she wanted to go early was because she didn’t want to have her children wake up on Monday morning and see a big [media] circus outside of the house,” he says.
Because they had time to spare before her arrival, she stopped off at a local diner just before 2 a.m. “She had a breakfast sandwich and some coffee,” Leonard says. “She was joking that she shouldn’t be eating at this hour. I said, ‘You could make an exception.’ So she ate.”
When she arrived at the facility, Giudice spent between 10 and 15 minutes in the pre-processing area, where officials introduced themselves to her.
“They talked about starting her commissary account. They told her she would be able to make her first phone call within 24 hours once they had her account set up. They said they were going to make it possible for her to meet with her immediate family this weekend. So she was very happy with that. There weren’t going to be any delays with that stuff,” says Leonard.
“Everybody was extremely respectful and courteous. It was very easy to ease her way into this because everything was positive. There was a lot of positive energy there.”
Leonard presented her with a set of rosary beads and a necklace with two medals – one for St. Christopher and one for St. Teresa.
“They let her keep all of that,” he says. “She was very happy with that, and she told me she would keep them with her all the time.”
‘Stoic and Strong’
When it was time to say goodbye, he says he hugged her and told her, “You’re going to be fine.”
“She said, ‘Yeah. I’ll be fine,’ ” he says. “She was very stoic and very strong. I left them there. They didn’t handcuff her. She was just standing there.”
Leonard had no sooner left the building when he returned to use the restroom.
“As I was walking back, they were walking her out of the first building to another building,” he says. “She saw me and said, ‘What are you doing?’ I said, ‘I’m breaking you out of here.’ She laughed and said, ‘I wish.’ “
He continued: “The last thing she said to me was, ‘I’ll be fine. Tell Joe and the girls I’m good.’ ”
He isn’t sure if the children will come visit her this weekend. “But they will 100 percent come see her,” he says. “I think she wants to see them whenever she can.
“Her kids aren’t just the No. 1 [priority] in her life. They are the only one,” he says. “The entire time I have been involved with her, the only thing she has talked about in connection with this prison sentence is how it is going to affect them – not her.”
Giudice reportedly spent her final day of freedom attending Mass at a New Jersey church with her husband and four daughters. Her husband drove the girls to school early Monday morning.
He also pleaded guilty last year to multiple counts of bankruptcy fraud and conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud. When his wife is finished serving her sentence, he will serve 41 months in prison. He also may face deportation after his release because he is not a U.S. citizen.
Dustin Diamond, the actor who played “Screech” on the TV sitcom Saved by the Bell, was arrested Friday in Wisconsin on a weapons charge, according to the Ozaukee County Sheriff’s Department. Diamond was arrested after an altercation with a switchblade at a bar in his hometown of Port Washington, Wisconsin.
'Saved By The Bell' Star 'Screech' arrested in Stabbing -- Image credit: Ozaukee County sheriff's Office/EOTM Media
EOTM TV – The source for breaking news, pop culture, indie films, music videos, celebrity interviews, talk interactive radio and so much more. EOTM is here with all your new media, radio, entertainment, public relations, marketing and event solutions. Our goal is to partner with you to create, facilitate and grow.