Around the web
Tag Archive for "Hip Hop News" - - They Write What They're Told, We Don't!

Posts Tagged ‘Hip Hop News’

DMX investigated for Easter Sunday robbery, report

Follow us: @EOTMOnline on Twitter | EOTM.Media on Facebook

Rapper DMX is being investigated for allegedly robbing a man at a New Jersey gas station on Easter Sunday.

DMX - Image credit: Film Magic


The man said he and DMX were having a conversation when a member of the performer’s entourage pulled a gun and demanded all of his money, NJ.com reports.

DMX then allegedly “snatched the money out of his hand” according to Newark police spokesman Sgt. Ronald Glover, and drove off.

The victim said he was carrying $3,200. He also said he followed the DMX’s car — one of four Cadillac Escalades — and got its license plate number, which he gave to police.

SEE ALSO:Floyd Mayweather involved in brutal kidnapping and beating, allegedly

DMX had headlined a concert at the nearby New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark on Saturday night.

No charges have yet been filed, Glover said.

DMX has been arrested several times over the years and done time for drug possession, animal cruelty and parole violations, NJ.com reports.

Celebrity Baby Pics – Chris Brown’s Baby Mama “Nia Guzman” shows off “Royalty” on Instagram

By Franz Breaze

Follow us: @EOTMOnline on Twitter |EOTM.Media on Facebook

Celebrity Baby Pics Chris Brown‘s baby Mama, Nia Guzman debuted his daughter Royalty on Instagram today and what a cutie she is! The hip hop singer’s baby girl is already 10 months old — how time fly’s — seems like only yesterday we heard the news of him being a father.

Royalty, definitely a fitting name for the tike. No wonder fans are going crazy for this little girl right now – the “baby of the moment, ” or should I say the ” #Babyofthemoment

Baby Royalty -- Image credit: Instagram

Nia captioned the photo: “GUESS WHO IS 10 MONTHS TODAY?”

SEE ALSO: Pic of the Day: Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett shows off Baby Alijah

Thoughts? Share below in the comments.


Death Row Exec Suge Knight exits Courthouse in an ambulance after Bail hearing

By Tanya Blake

Follow us @eotmonline on Twitter |EOTM.Media on Facebook

Suge Knight Collapses in Court After Bail Set at $25 Million

Suge Knight Collapses in Court After Bail Set at $25 Million -- Image credit: Getty

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former rap music mogul Marion “Suge” Knight collapsed in a courtroom Friday shortly after a judge ordered him held on $25 million bail in a murder case.

Bailiffs cleared the courtroom, paramedics arrived with a stretcher a few minutes later and an ambulance was seen leaving the courthouse.

Defense attorney Matthew Fletcher said Knight was unconscious when the lawyer left the courtroom and an update on his condition was not immediately available.

Suge Knight - Image credit: Getty.AP

Fletcher said his client, who is diabetic and has a blood clot, previously told him that he hadn’t received any medication since Thursday.

Knight hit his head on a chair when he fell after the bail hearing, Fletcher said.

The 6-foot-4-inch tall Knight collapsed while deputies were bringing him back into the courtroom after Fletcher asked a judge to order that Knight be given his medication.

The attorney said Knight was being kept in solitary confinement in jail without proper access to medication.

“He’s being treated worse than Charles Manson,” Fletcher said.

The collapse marked the fourth time that Knight has been taken by ambulance from a courthouse since he was charged with killing Terry Carter, 55, in early February.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald S. Coen set bail on Friday at $25 million for Knight, who is accused of running down and killing Carter with his truck.

Coen made his decision after Deputy District Attorney Cynthia Barnes noted that Knight was on bail in a robbery case when he struck Carter and another man in a parking lot in Compton.

“He escalated his behavior and committed murder,” Barnes told the judge.

Fletcher argued that Knight’s bail should be set at $2 million, but Coen said the higher amount was warranted.

The attorney said before the hearing that his client likely could not post bail if it was set at $25 million.

RELATED: Shocking Video Shows Suge Knight Hit-and-Run Incident

Knight, the 49-year-old co-founder of Death Row Records, has pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.

Barnes filed a motion Thursday accusing Knight of being part of a scheme that has extorted more than $10 million from up-and-coming and established rappers in recent years.

Fletcher countered that prosecutors should file charges involving those extortion claims if they have enough evidence.

Fletcher also said phone records and other evidence in the murder case would show that Knight was lured to the location where the men were hit by the truck. Knight was attacked when he arrived and hit the two men while trying to flee the scene, the lawyer said.

Fletcher said Cle “Bone” Sloan acknowledged to sheriff’s investigators that he attacked Knight. The attorney argued his client wasn’t required to remain at the scene and endure the attack, and that Sloan should be charged.

“If his name wasn’t ‘Suge’ Knight, they wouldn’t have filed this case,” Fletcher said.

Knight was a key player in the gangster rap scene that flourished in the 1990s, his label once listing Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg among its artists. Knight lost control of the company after it was forced into bankruptcy.


Shocking Video Shows Suge Knight Hit-and-Run Incident

Follow us @eotmonline on Twitter |EOTM.Media on Facebook

New disturbing video has surfaced that may impact the murder case against media mogul Suge Knight.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Newly released video graphically depicts former rap music mogul Marion “Suge” Knight running over two men with his pickup truck but leaves questions about an attack that he says forced him to speed away from the deadly crash.

Surveillance footage from a Compton fast food restaurant shows one of the men getting knocked down as the pickup reverses. The truck then speeds forward, running over the fallen man and a second man.

Attorney Mathew Fletcher, left, talks with his client Marion "Suge" Knight upon his arrival in court for a hearing about evidence in his murder case on Monday, March 9, 2015, in Los Angeles, Calif. Knight is accused of striking two men with his pickup truck, killing one, during an altercation in a Compton parking lot in January.(AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian, Pool)

An attorney for the Death Row Records co-founder says the video posted by celebrity news website TMZ shows that the men attacked his client before the January encounter and that it will help his defense against murder and attempted murder charges.

“They attacked ‘Suge’ without question,” lawyer Matthew Fletcher told reporters after a Monday court hearing.

The video is in possession of sheriff’s detectives and is being used in the investigation, Los Angeles sheriff’s spokeswoman Nicole Nishida said. The agency did not release the footage.

Gary Dordick, an attorney for the family of the slain man, Terry Carter, said the video shows “a senseless act of violence.” He said Carter, 55, was not involved in attacking Knight through the window of his truck and that the music figure should have driven off instead of using his truck as a weapon.

The video shows a red pickup pulling into the restaurant parking lot and a man approaching the driver’s side window. There is commotion in the cabin of Knight’s truck, but no clear footage of the purported attack.

“I told ‘Suge’: ‘This helps you beyond any stretch of the imagination,’” Fletcher said, adding that the law doesn’t require someone to flee an attack.

The confrontation occurred shortly after Knight was told to leave a location where a promotional video was being shot for “Straight Outta Compton,” a biopic about the rap group N.W.A. Authorities said the argument resumed at the parking lot.

Fletcher downplayed the argument at the video shoot, saying Knight complied when he was asked to leave the set.

SEE ALSO: ‘Saved By The Bell’ Star that Played ‘Screech’ arrested in Stabbing, Report

Authorities accuse Knight of intentionally running over the men, killing Carter and seriously injuring Cle “Bone” Sloan. He has pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges and could face up to life in prison if convicted of killing Carter on Jan. 29.

“The video makes clear that Mr. Carter’s tragic death was caused by unnecessary acts of violence initiated by Cle Sloan attacking Mr. Knight and Mr. Knight choosing to retaliate using his motor vehicle as a deadly weapon rather than simply driving off to a place of safety,” Dordick wrote in an email.

Carter was a friend of Knight, and authorities have said they do not believe he was involved in the attack. Sloan is an actor and film consultant.
Try Rhapsody for 14 Days Free! Cancel Anytime.

Knight was a key player in the gangster rap scene that flourished in the 1990s, and his label once listed Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg among its artists. Knight lost control of the company after it was forced into bankruptcy.

Knight, 49, did not speak at Monday’s brief hearing, which came a week after he was taken to a hospital from a previous court appearance, where he told a judge he was going blind and had fired his legal team.

Knight is scheduled to return to court March 20.

News Source: AP


Chris Brown Accuses Karrueche Tran of “Going on Dates” with Drake, Disses her on Stage

By Dani Walker

Follow us @eotmonline on Twitter |EOTM.Media on Facebook

Seems like  Chris Brown & Karrueche Tran are on the outs again, this time Drake has been dragged into the hot mess.

Karrueche Tran, Drake and Chris Brown - Image credit: Getty


What is really going on?!

On Friday, the 25-year-old singer announced on stage at the 2014 Cali Christmas concert that he is “single,” adding, “F–k that bitch!” Tran, 26, tweeted “N—as be in they feelings when you break up with them lol.”

SEE ALSO:Chris Brown Goes in Hard on Adrienne Bailon of ‘The Real’ via Instagram

On Saturday, both took to Instagram to vent about the break up. See for yourself below.
Rhapsody Trial

What are your thoughts? Share with us in the comment section below.


Rapper Beanie Sigel Awake After Being Shot

Follow us @eotmonline on Twitter |EOTM.Media on Facebook

Rapper Beanie Sigel was shot in the abdomen outside a home in New Jersey on Friday (Dec. 5), police said.

Beanie Sigel - Image credit: Getty

Authorities and Sigel’s lawyer initially called the wound life-threatening, but hospital officials told police that the 40-year-old rapper was awake Friday afternoon after surgery, Pleasantville police Chief Jose Ruiz told The Associated Press. Investigators were on their way to try to interview him, he said.

Sigel, whose real name is Dwight Grant, and another man were found injured outside the home Friday morning. The other man refused medical treatment and was uncooperative, police said.

There may be “some type of family relationship” between the two men, but investigators aren’t sure yet, Ruiz said. “Apparently, there was a struggle of some type, which led to Mr. Grant being shot and that is all we have at this point,” Ruiz said.

Sigel’s attorney Fortunato Perri Jr. said his family told him that Sigel had just taken his children to school and that Sigel was an unintended target of the shooting.

The family asked that the hospital not release any information on his condition, spokeswoman Jennifer Tornetta said.

Sigel had three albums hit the top five on the Billboard album chart: The Truth in 2000, The Reason in 2001 and The B. Coming in 2005. He also starred in the movie State Property and its sequel. He has been in and out of courtrooms over the past decade, sometimes with Jay Z and Beyonce looking on from the gallery.

In August, Sigel was moved from federal prison to a halfway house after serving a two-year tax-evasion sentence for failing to pay more than $700,000 in taxes and then released to home confinement in September. He was scheduled to be released from home confinement on Saturday, according to Ed Ross, a spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

In 2006, Sigel was shot multiple times in the arm in Philadelphia after an attempted robbery. He was able to drive himself to a hospital for treatment.

In 2005, he was found not guilty in an attempted murder trial.

News Source: Billboard.com

Beyoncé & Jay Z Renew Their Vows!

By Tammy Stamos

Follow us:@eotmonline on Twitter |EOTM.Media on Facebook

Images via Getty and iam.beyonce.com.

Hip hop royalty Beyoncé and Jay Z renewed their vows and according to People magazine the power couple are reportedly house hunting in Paris!

Beyonce (L) and Jay-Z attend the New Jersey Nets vs New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden on February 20, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by James Devaney/FilmMagic)

While in Paris earlier this month, Bey and Jay  were spotted checking out various luxurious properties in the romantic city.

The duo has had quite the whirlwind within the rumor mill the past months and now it looks as if they are shutting down all the gossip and letting it be known, they are very much Crazy in Love.

The magazine goes on to say that yes, the relationship did have its issues but today, “their relationship is on steadier ground.”

According to the report the two have also toured a villa near the Seine, a home in a gated community referred to as “Millionaire’s Row,” and a townhouse next to the Elysee Palace!

SEE ALSO:Pic of the Day: Blue Ivy with Ponytails!

Why Paris you wonder?

“We love Paris,” Jay Z told the audience at the last show of the couple’s On the Run stadium tour there in September. “It’s special to us because we got engaged here, and this is where Blue Ivy was conceived.”

Interestingly, American fans need not fret. Word on the street is Bey & her hubby are also looking at an $85 million home in Beverly Hills, Calif.

Congrats to the happy family!

Leave your well wishes in the comments below.


Drake – “How About Now”

By Michelle Walker

Follow us:@eotmonline on Twitter |EOTM.Media on Facebook

New music from Drake seems to come at random times and that remains true today as a fresh track from the Toronto rapper has popped up titled ‘How About Now’. The song spans exactly four minutes in length and there’s no word on what project it’ll be placed on.

Drake

“Always felt my vision been bigger than the bigger picture. Crazy how you gotta wait until it’s dark out to see who really with you. Crazy how even when they miss you, shit will come back around and get ya” rhymes the OVO artist. While there’s no question Drake can sing, ‘How About Now’ is mainly his rapping talents at the forefront. A female voice recording starts off the track and then the instrumental kicks in.

Whether or not Drake intended for ‘How About Now’ to be released is unknown. Regardless, the track is dope. Look for Drake to release his next studio album ‘Views From The 6′ in the spring of 2015 and stream the new record below.

Is it a HIT or MISS? Share below in the comments.

SEE ALSO: EOTM Music Critiques – Lourdes Duque Baron

Reports: Suge Knight shot at pre-VMAs party, Rapper in Intensive Care

Follow us: @eotmonline on Twitter | EOTM.Media on Facebook

UPDATED 5:45 AM PT– Suge is out of surgery … according to family sources. We’re told Suge was shot 6 times. He’s currently in ICU, but is expected to recover.

(USA Today) Rap mogul Marion “Suge” Knight was shot early Sunday morning at a pre-MTV Video Music Awards party on Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, TMZ and other news outlets are reporting.

SUGE KNIGHT inside his Track Recording studio, November 30, 2002. (LOS ANGELES TIMES PHOTO BY KEN HIVELY)

He remains in intensive care after undergoing surgery at Cedars-Sinai Hospital, TMZ says.

SEE ALSO:Tupac’s Final Words Revealed 18 Years After His Death…

Shots struck Death Row Records co-founder Knight, 49, at a nightclub party hosted by Chris Brown at 1 Oak and attended by Justin Bieber, The Game, apl.de.ap of the Black Eyed Peas and model Tyson Beckford, who tweeted out TMZ’s report about the shooting. Video posted at TMZ shows Knight getting into a police car after the shooting and the site says he was one of three victims.

“It’s disappointing that we as a society can’t have fun or enjoy ourselves without any altercations sometimes,” Brown tweeted after the shooting.

In 1996, Knight was in the car with Tupac Shakur when the rapper was fatally shot in Las Vegas.

e-Newspaper USA Today - Don't miss a single story with the USA Today e-Newspaper. Order Now! Smarter. Faster. More Colorful!

When contacted by USA TODAY, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said no report has been released yet and the investigation is ongoing, Deputy Jeff Gordon says.

A MTV representative also told USA TODAY they are not releasing a statement, however, according to TMZ they wanted to make it clear … it wasn’t their party … it’s was Chris Brown’s.

Courtesy of our news affiliate USA Today